Cupping is an ancient form of therapy in traditional Chinese Medicine. A vacuum suction is created with either heat or suction thereby raising the skin to the surface. There are actually a million reasons why cupping rocks but we will only go into three:
1) Relieves muscle aches and tension: Recently, more and more athletes as well as celebrities have been using cupping to relieve sore muscles and speed up the body’s healing process. Cupping also removes blood stasis by increasing local blood flow to the area being worked on.
2) Cupping Removes Toxins: When the cups are placed along different points of body, dark or light bruises may appear. This is no reason to be alarmed. It is usually a good sign because it means that the toxins in your body are being pulled up and pushed out of the body. Cupping encourages phagocytosis )eliminating pathogens and debris in the body¹) and makes you feel pretty damn good.
3) Cupping Looks Awesome: Because we live in a world of insta, fb, snapchat, you can take pictures afterward and send them to the internet world and be the most popular kid at school/work/gym/planet.
- Bob Wong was raised in a traditional Chinese medicine family and moved to mainland China to study and train in Chinese medicine for almost a decade. During that time, he was able to learn from some of the top acupuncturists and Chinese medicine practitioners in China at the Guangzhou University of Chinese Medicine. His mission is to bring that knowledge and experience to benefit his patients.
- Bob Wong currently maintains an acupuncture practice in the Brisbane CBD area. You can read his full bio or schedule an appointment.